posted on Sep 16, 2012 | Comments (3)
In this episode:
- our review of The Expendables 2 (2012) starring Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger,
- lots of guns and people getting shot,
- even more blood and gore,
- Dolph Lundgren’s chemical engineering degree coming in handy,
- Chuck Norris facts,
- Van Damme’s accent,
- the high number of Indiana Jones references,
- “classic” combat,
- our ideas for the next sequel,
- the trailer for Seven Psychopaths (2012) ripping off David Spade’s Lost and Found (1999),
- a 100-year-old locked safe in Rob’s basement,
- world champion safe cracker Jeff Sitar,
- opening the safe on the air in a future episode,
- Nintendo Power magazine ceasing publication (1988-2012),
- Rob’s attempt to sell a huge crate of old issues,
- being duped into buying bad video games by Nintendo Power previews and reviews,
- Robs dog eating cat vomit,
- celebrity deaths (William Windom, Tony Scott, Neil Armstrong, Phyllis Diller, and Michael Clarke Duncan),
- Jesse Ventura’s “poisoned bottle water” conspiracy,
- the origin of the expression “the whole nine yards”,
- Greg meeting John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard and Smallville,
- problems getting a good picture with him,
- deciding what items to get signed,
- Greg’s home-made Dukes of Hazzard birthday cake from 1982,
- and Wezzer’s rendition of the Dukes of Hazzard theme song.
1982 – Greg’s Dukes of Hazzard birthday cake.
2012 – Greg with John Schneider, imitating the DVD cover.
Click to view the entire album on Webshots!
Download this episode:
51 minute MP3 file – 23.5 MB (right-click to save)
Listen to this episode: